March 21, 2007

Power to the Peaceful -- Portland Style!

Faces of Peace: The Soul of Portland
Photographs from the new peace movement.

Dear friends of past and present,
I wanted to share some of my new photographs with you. These are some of my favorites from an incredible peace march that happened this last Sunday here in Portland, Oregon. I had a wonderful time making them and I felt really inspired by the whole event. An estimated 13,000 people showed up to add their voices and their presence. I felt particularly hopeful because of all of the young people that were there. For many, it was the first time they had participated in a rally for peace.

I wanted to create a document about this time that we live in. As the future unfolds and the years roll on, I hope that these images will become even more meaningful in that they will have recorded something important and will have provided some insight as to what things were like in this time of our lives. Made on Sunday, March 18th 2007.

The slide show is about ten minutes long. There's audio so if you want it, turn it on. It may take a minute or two to load depending on how fast your connection is. Please be patient and you will be glad for it.
Enjoy!
-raku

Please pass this on to anyone in your communities who might also enjoy it.
http://www.rakuloren.com/portland/peaceprotest_march07.htm

Stay tuned-in to www.rakuloren.com over the next month. There will be some important revisions and some beautiful additions from my travels over the past year. I spent time in Bangladesh, Nepal, India, and Cambodia. You won't want to miss that!
Blessings.
 



Raku Loren

Photographer | Designer | Teacher
www.rakuloren.com
503.290-6655 (cell)



8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
with theYahoo! Search movie showtime shortcut.

No comments: